Feeling burnt out this Summer and losing your jazzy mom mojo?! It happens to the best of us and sometimes we just need a little kick in the rear to get back to our motivated bad-ass self.
10 Tips to Get Motivated:
- Take some time off. Take a day off or a couple days off and rest, reflect, and think about why you are struggling. Maybe there is a reason, maybe there isn't but some time to think about it will clear your head and recharge your body.
- Assess your goals -- Think about what your big goal is, your main focus and STOP worrying about everything else. Often times we feel stressed and unmotivated because we are trying to take on too much at one time.
- Find some inspiration. What are you working towards? Envision this. Find a picture of it and make it the screen saver on your phone, remind yourself of this daily and use it to be inspired when you are feeling down.
- Get support. Share your goals with others and tell them that you are struggling. Let them help you. Find others with the same goals and surround yourself with people on the same path.
- Think positively and talk to yourself positively. Avoid thinking about how difficult something is going to be and instead think about how great it is going to be after it's complete or how amazing you will feel when you are done. Telling yourself that it's going to be hard and that you are going to hate it is going to get you no where.
- Pick a day. Schedule a day for you to get back to it. Pick a day, mark it on the calendar, circle it in red marker and build some anticipation. Yay - this is the day it will happen. Until then give yourself a break and let yourself off the hook and then you will be ready when the time comes.
- Be successful at something small. When you achieve a goal you feel success and it feels good. Set a small goal and dominate it. Then do it again. Feels good, right? Small successes add up to big results.
- Remember your best moments. Remember how it felt when you lost those 10 pounds? Remember how it felt when you ran that 5k? Remember how it felt to squat 100 pounds? Oh yeah, that was awesome, you are awesome, remember that!
- Just move. Just get up and move, go for a walk, go to the park, be outside, and move your body. Even if it's not exercise, at least you aren't still sitting on the couch or laying in bed. Move your body because it feels good.
- Don't get in a slump. If you need some time off - take it. If you need a little break - OK. If you need to catch up on your sleep and get some rest -- do it! But don't let time get away from you. Get back to it as soon as you can... because you are worth it and you deserve to make life happen. Don't waste your time, you will never get it back.
Join in the conversation!
Find RSM on Facebook
Find RSM on Instagram
Download my FREE Beginners Strength Training Guide HERE